We are the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act).
What information do we collect?
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- Information you give to us if you make an enquiry about our services or contact us for any other reason. This includes contact data and a history of your communication and relationship with us. Third party payment providers securely handle any payment card information you may give us.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect from you to:
- Provide services to you;
- Provide information to you regarding our services;
- Inform you of changes to the service we offer;
- Provide technical support;
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Keep our site safe and secure;
- Make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, provided you accept them. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
- To make our site more responsive to the device you’re using
- Track which parts of the site you’re using
- Assist us with support requests
- Track whether you are a new or returning user and personalise our content accordingly
- Save you the time of re-entering information previously submitted to us
- Improve our marketing by tracking your movements and responses to advertising and find out how you have found us
- When such cookies are required for the operation of our website.
If you wish, you can adjust the settings on your computer or browser to decline or delete cookies. However please be aware that this will affect your experience as cookies are necessary for the site to function to its full ability.
Storing personal data
It may be necessary to transfer data to locations outside the European Economic Area for processing and storing. By providing this data you have agreed to have this information transferred and stored. Whilst we take every effort to ensure the highest security standards, we do so in the knowledge that we cannot guarantee the security of data, as the internet is not completely secure. If you send us information electronically it is at your own risk.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- If we need to do so in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by setting certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1988 gives you the right to access any information that we hold that relates to you. In this event we may request a payment of £25 from you to cover any associated costs that we incur.
Any changes we make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.