Lot 200 (Garden and Natural History Sealed Bid Auction, 2nd October 2019)
Sold for £4,075
Gates: A substantial pair of Victorian wrought iron gates
274cm high by 348cm wide
Removed from St Pancras Station.
St Pancras Station was opened in 1868 and is one of the wonders of Victorian engineering. Along with the former Midland Grand Hotel, it is a masterpiece of Victorian Gothic Architecture and one of the most elegant stations in the World. It was designed by one of the leading Victorian architects George Gilbert Scott.
These gates were removed during the recent refurbishment to accommodate the Eurostar trains to the continent.